Thursday 4 July 2013

GET YO' SPIKY ASS OVER HERE! - Final Fantasy VII arrives on Steam



I woke up this morning, bleary-eyed and zombie-like, to boot up my PC and start Steam... only to be greeted with an update that one of my all-time favourite games has been added to Steam's store; Final Fantasy VII.

Now, I will begin by saying this, and judge me as you will - although I have played most Final Fantasy games, I have never finished any of them... but I still consider them to be among my favourite games, especially FFVII. I don't know exactly why I haven't finished any FF games... I usually put it down to the fact that they're so huge, and you need to spend a lot of time playing them, that by the time I'm near the end I get side-tracked by something... be it real life, or another game comes out that I have to play! So by the time I come back to playing the FF I left a few weeks earlier, I've forgotten where I was, what was happening and I'm not fully invested in it anymore. :/

Have you seen this image floating about the interwebs? Wondered why so many people at conventions look like this? Play FFVII now, get educated!

The hours I've spent playing FFVII are uncountable. I have spent so much time in that world, that whenever I decide to play it again it's like meeting up with an old friend I haven't seen for years. The locations, the characters, everything about it just brings me back to my bedroom when I was a kid, laying on the end of my bed with my PS controller in-hand, fighting the save the world.

FFVII is often championed as one of the greatest FF games ever made, and it's easy to see why once you've played it. It's got a certain charm with it's looks, and the story, characters, and varied locations will leave you wanting more each time you go to put the controller/mouse down. There have been verious spin-off games and even animated movies set in the FFVII universe, which only highlights the game's immense popularity.

If you're a fan of the FF series, but you're yet to play VII, I highly recommend you pick this up on Steam (£9.99/$11.99) today as you will experience something that you've been longing for, but didn't realise.